School board approves 2019-20 budgetThe Eureka Springs School District approved a budget of $11.485 million for the 2019-20 school year on Monday night.
Dispatch DeskSept. 2 3:33 a.m. - All was well after an alarm. 7:22 a.m. - No report was needed after a caller prorated an intoxicated person at a local residence. 10:48 a.m. - Officers responded to a complaint...
- Council agrees to waive bidding for shuttle purchases (9/12/19)
- Citizen of the Week (9/12/19)
- Pet of the Week (9/12/19)
- Schichtl joins staff at paper (9/12/19)
- SIPtember fundraiser benefits community center Sept. 19 (9/12/19)
- New addition (9/12/19)
- HI Art Show (9/5/19)
- CAPC workshop focuses on Christmas promotion (9/5/19)
- Dispatch Desk (9/5/19)
- C4 considers hiring additional instructor (9/5/19)
Pet of the Week (9/12/19)Ricky (No. F19-0024) is a tabby and white male cat, a little under a year old. He is a fun loving guy that likes to play as much as he does cuddle. He is neutered and has his shots. He's available for adoption at the Good Shepherd Animal Shelter on Highway 62 east of Eureka Springs. The shelter is open from noon to 5 p.m. every day but Tuesday and Wednesday. For more information, call 479-253-9188...
Citizen of the Week (9/12/19)Cheryl Maples is this week's Citizen of the Week. Maples was a dedicated lawyer and advocate for LGBT rights and a friend to many in Eureka Springs. She loved Eureka Springs and supported the city's non-discrimination ordinance in 2015. To nominate somebody for Citizen of the Week, email Samantha Jones at Citizen.Editor.Eureka@gmail.com...
- Darrell Caffrey Jr. (9/12/19)Darrell Mead “Chip” Caffrey, Jr. of Omaha Arkansas departed this life Wednesday, September 4, at...
- Sara Knight (9/11/19)KNIGHT, Sara Louise (Fitch) February 27,1948 in West Lafayette, Indiana September 7, 2019 in...
- Rosemary Zieroth (9/10/19)Rosemary Zieroth, Durham, CT, passed away Friday, Sept. 6, 2019 at the Regency House in...
- Dillon Reddick (8/26/19)Dillon Lee Reddick of Berryville, Arkansas, was born March 30, 1994 in Berryville, Arkansas, son of...
Help WantedGOOD SHEPHERD HUMANE SOCIETY is hiring for the following position, full-time dog tech. Apply in person at the shelter, 6486 Hwy 62.
City Real EstateOWN YOUR OWN little log cabin in the Ozark Mountains. 1 3/4 miles to Eureka Springs. 3-Cabins available. $99,500-159k. redbudvalley.com 479-253-2112 or 918-645-2384.
Miscellaneous1-BR APARTMENT, like new, $600-$625/month, first+deposit. Trash, water, wifi, pets, laundry included. Electric extra. Blue trolley stop #32 Hwy62, call/text 10am-6pm 479-244-5440. #8 available approx Oct. 1st. Facebook-Mountain View Apartments Eureka Springs.
MiscellaneousMIKE'S DRAIN CLEANING, experienced, reliable, trustworthy with professional equipment. 10% off with this ad. 417-846-3596.