Music festival kicks off Thursday
The Ozark Mountain Music Festival is at the Basin Hotel from Thursday through Sunday. See our Lively Entertainment Lineup for days and bands playing there. For those who cannot attend, we have a myriad of other musical acts to entertain you.
Coming from Omaha, Neb. is the Dirty River Ramblers, who describe their music as "down-home jamgrass" or as others say, bluegrass and hillbilly folk. Sweetwater Gypsies will also provide some bluegrass music for your foot-stompin' pleasure. September's End, from Fayetteville, has members that play rock, jazz, country and blues. That combination produces an eclectic blend of sounds for your listening pleasure. DownDay Band, from Central Arkansas, will be here. Their single "Stuck on 17" , was recently among the most added songs at Country Radio. The "Blues" are represented by Brody Buster of Kansas, The Jeff Horton Band of Bentonville, local band Starseed and Vince Turner from Springdale. Get your "Folk" on with Aisle 24, a family band out of Fayetteville. Terri and the Executives cover those genres and just about everything else, they play Classic Rock, Country, Blues and Pop. For venues and times, see our Lively Entertainment line-up for these and other bands playing here in Eureka Springs this week.
THURSDAY, JAN. 22
* Basin Park Hotel, 12 Spring St., 479-253-7837: Mountain Sprout, 8 p.m.
* Chelsea's, 10 Mountain St., 479-253-6723: September's End, 9:30 p.m.
* Grande Taverne, 37 N. Main St., 479-253-6756: Jerry Yester, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169, 169 E. Van Buren, 479-253-7122: Big Dawg Karaoke, 8 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard), 105 E. Van Buren, 479-253-2500: Starseed, 8 p.m.
* Ozark Mountain Taproom, 140 E. Van Buren, 479-244-6922: Acoustic Jam Night, Beer Specials, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
FRIDAY, JAN. 23
* Basin Park Hotel, 479-253-7837: Dusty Pearls, 7 p.m.; Foley's Van, 9 p.m.; Hosty Duo, 11 p.m.
* Cathouse / Pied Piper, 82 Armstrong St., 479-363-9976: Sweetwater Gypsies , 8 p.m. to midnight
* Chelsea's, 479-253-6723: Dirty River Ramblers, 9:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live, 35 N. Main, 479-253-7020: DJ & Dancing, 9 p.m. to close
* Grande Taverne, 479-253-6756: Arkansas Red, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169, 169 E. Van Buren, 479-253-7122 : DownDay Duo, 9 p.m.
* Henri's Just One More, 19 1/2 Spring St., 479-253-5795: Juke Box, 9 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): DJ Karaoke with Kara
* Rowdy Beaver Den, 45 Spring St., 479-363-6444: Terri & Brett, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern, 417 W. Van Buren, 479-253-8544: Karaoke with Tiny, 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY, JAN. 24
* Basin Park Hotel: Spring Street Band, 1 p.m.; Dusty Pearls, 3 p.m.; DimeTrip, 5 p.m.; Chucky Waggs, 7 p.m.; Hooten Hallars, 9 p.m.; Shawn James and the Shapeshifters, 11 p.m.
* Cathouse / Pied Piper: Aisle 24, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Chelsea's, 479-253-6723: Dreaming Eagle Benefit: The Blackout Boys, Trickbag, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Brody Buster, 9:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live, 479-253-7020: "A Taste of What's to Come" Drag Event, 9 p.m. (No Cover)
* Grande Taverne, 479-253-6756: Jerry Yester, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169: DownDay Band, 9 p.m.
* Henri's Just One More: Juke Box, 9 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Jeff Horton Band, 9 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Den: Terri & Brett, noon to 4 p.m.; Vince Turner, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern: Terri & the Executives, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
SUNDAY, JAN. 25
* Basin Park Hotel: Brody Buster, noon
* Chelsea's: Brian Martin, 7:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live: DJ, Dancing and Karaoke, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169: Jesse Dean, 7 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Texas Holdem, 7 p.m.
* Ozark Mountain Taproom, 479-244-6922: Cards against Humanity/Board Games, Beer specials., 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Den: Terri & Brett, 12 noon-4 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern: Game Day with free pool
MONDAY, JAN 26
* Chelsea's: Springbilly, 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169: Open Mic, 8 p.m.
TUESDAY, JAN. 27
* Chelsea's: Open Mic, 9:30 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Pool Tournament, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, JAN. 28
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): GG Unplugged Open Mic, 7 p.m.