Weekend features musical variety
For your pleasure this weekend, the venues have lined up a nice bunch of musicians from all over. Adam Johnston will bring his blend of acoustic roots music, rock and progressive jam all the way from Kansas. If you like soul and funk, 1 Oz Jig, who by the way will be performing their funk music at the Phunkberry Festival May 7-10, will be here this weekend. The band is from Fayetteville. We will be providing more information about the Phunkberry Festival as it grows nearer. The Federalis, from Hot Springs, will be playing folk, blues and rock, always a nice combination. Alex Culbreth, from Virginia, will be playing boot stomping' alt-country and the blues. From Branson comes the Shannon Holt Band, playing classic rock and blues. The Hellbenders Trio, from Fayetteville, will be here jamming on rock, country rock, southern folk rock and the blues. Brian Martin, from Hot Springs, will be wooing you with folk and soul. The Dusty Pearls, from Tulsa, Okla., who recently played at the Ozark Mountain Music Festival, stuck around this weekend to give us another taste of their brand of Americana. Another Fine Mess, from Ohio, will also be here rocking it out. For venues and times, see our Lively Entertainment lineup for these and other bands playing here in Eureka Springs this week.
THURSDAY, JAN. 29
* Grande Taverne, 37 N. Main St., 479-253-6756: Jerry Yester, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard), 105 E. Van Buren, 479-253-2500: Starseed, 8 p.m.
* Ozark Mountain Taproom, 140 E. Van Buren, 479-244-6922: Acoustic Jam Night, Beer Specials, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
FRIDAY, JAN. 30
* Cathouse / Pied Piper, 82 Armstrong St., 479-363-9976: Adam Johnston, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Chelsea's, 479-253-6723: 1 Oz Jig, 9:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live, 35 N. Main, 479-253-7020: DJ & Dancing, 9 p.m. to close
* Grande Taverne, 479-253-6756: Arkansas Red, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169, 169 E. Van Buren, 479-253-7122 : Big Dawg Karaoke, 9 p.m.
* Henri's Just One More, 19 1/2 Spring St., 479-253-5795: Juke Box, 9 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): DJ Karaoke with Kara
* Rowdy Beaver Den, 45 Spring St., 479-363-6444: Karaoke W/DJ Goose, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern, 417 W. Van Buren, 479-253-8544: Karaoke with Tiny, 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY, JAN. 31
* Brews, 2 Pine St., 479-244-0878: Brian Martin, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
* Cathouse / Pied Piper: Jeff Fox, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Chelsea's, 479-253-6723: The Federalis, 9:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live, 479-253-7020: DJ & Dancing, 9 p.m.
* Grande Taverne, 479-253-6756: Jerry Yester, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169: Big Dawg Karaoke, 9 p.m.
* Henri's Just One More: Juke Box, 9 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Another Fine Mess, Happy Birthday Jeannie! 9 p.m.
* New Delhi Cafe, 2 N. Main St., 479-253-2525: Dusty Pearls, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Den: Shannon Holt Band, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern: Hellbenders Trio, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
SUNDAY, FEB. 1
* Chelsea's: Alex Culbreth, 7:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live: DJ, Dancing and Karaoke, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Texas Hold 'em, 7 p.m.
* Ozark Mountain Taproom, 479-244-6922: Cards against Humanity/Board Games, Beer specials, 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern: Game Day with free pool
MONDAY, FEB. 2
* Chelsea's: Springbilly, 9:30 p.m.
TUESDAY, FEB. 3
* Chelsea's: Open Mic, 9:30 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Pool Tournament, 7 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 4
* Eureka Live, 35 N. Main, 479-253-7020: Mardi Gras Umbrella Decorating, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): GG Unleashed, 7 p.m.