Weekend rocks with Hometown Jam
Coming at you with high energy and full force this week are some familiar bands and some new names. Some bands that you may be familiar with are The Ozark Mountain Maybelles from central Arkansas with their honky-swamp tunes, September's End from Fayetteville with their combination of rock, jazz, country and blues, Terri & the Executives covering classic rock, country, blues, and pop, Jerry Yester of Lovin' Spoonful, and bluesy StarSeed, who are homegrown locally. Some more you may know are Blew Reed and the Flatheads, from Rogers, who play a mix of blues, rock and country, something for everyone. Joe Giles and the Homewreckers, from Fayetteville, who are best described as a dance/party band, will be here getting our juices flowing. Zakk and Big Papa Binns, hailing from Hot Springs, will be here steaming us up. Some bands new to this territory are Comfortable Brother from Conway, who specialize in rock; and the Crescent City Combo from Fayetteville, sounding more like they are from New Orleans, will be here playing jazz and funk to get us in the Mardi Gras spirit. For a schedule of this week's events for Eureka Gras 2015, go to www.krazo.ureeka.org. See our Lively entertainment lineup for venues and times these and other bands will be playing in Eureka Springs.
Don't forget this Friday, The Greater Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce will host the second annual Mid-Winter Hometown Jam at 7 p.m. in the Auditorium at 36 S. Main St. This event will feature six of the area's top local bands on the "big stage." This year's show will include The Ariels, The Sarah Hughes Band, Kevin Riddle and the Josh Jennings Band. Tickets are $12 at the door with children under 12 admitted free. Advance tickets can be purchased at the Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center in the Village at Pine Mountain for only $10. For more information, call 479-253-8737.
THURSDAY, FEB. 12
* Grande Taverne, 37 N. Main St., 479-253-6756: Jerry Yester, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard), 105 E. Van Buren, 479-253-2500: Starseed, 8 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169, 169 E. Van Buren, 479-253-7122 : Code Red Karaoke Contest with Prizes, 8 p.m.
FRIDAY, FEB. 13
* Cathouse / Pied Piper, 82 Armstrong St., 479-363-9976: September's End, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Chelsea's, 10 Mountain, 479-253-6723: Comfortable Brothers, 9:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live, 35 N. Main, 479-253-7020: DJ & Dancing, 9 p.m. to close
* Grande Taverne, 479-253-6756: Arkansas Red, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169, 479-253-7122 : Big Dawg Karaoke, 8 p.m.
* Henri's Just One More, 19 1/2 Spring St., 479-253-5795: Juke Box, 9 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): DJ Karaoke with Kara
* Rowdy Beaver Den, 45 Spring St., 479-363-6444: Terri & Brett, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern, 417 W. Van Buren, 479-253-8544: Joe Giles and the Homewreckers, 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY, FEB. 14
* Brews, 2 Pine St., 479-244-0878: Melissa Carper , 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Ozark Mountain Maybelles, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* Cathouse / Pied Piper: Mardi Gras Party! Mike Hopper, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Zakk & Big Papa Binns, 8 p.m. to 12 p.m.
* Chelsea's, 479-253-6723: Crescent City Combo (Mardi Gras Jazz), 9:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live, 479-253-7020: DJ & Dancing, 9 p.m.
* Grande Taverne, 479-253-6756: Jerry Yester, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169: Wedding Celebration Bobbi & Gary; Big Dawg Karaoke, 8 p.m.
* Henri's Just One More: Juke Box, 9 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Jab (The band), 9 p.m.
* New Delhi Cafe, 2 N. Main St., 479-253-2525: The Medicine Man Show, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Den: Terri & Brett, 12 noon to 4 p.m.; Blew Reed and Flatheads, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern: Terri & the Executives, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
SUNDAY, FEB. 15
* Eureka Live: DJ, Dancing and Karaoke, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Texas Holdem, 7 p.m.
* Ozark Mountain Taproom, 479-244-6922: Cards against Humanity/Board Games, Beer specials., 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Den: Terri & Brett, 12 noon to 4 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern: Game Day with free pool
MONDAY, FEB. 16
* Chelsea's: Springbilly, 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169, 479-253-7122 : Pool Tournament, 7 p.m.
TUESDAY, FEB. 17
* Chelsea's: Open Mic, 9:30 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Pool Tournament, 7 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 18
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): GG Unleashed, 7 p.m.