"Life after Katrina was an opportunity to start anew," Hooks said of making his way to Eureka Springs. For someone who grew up in the French Quarter of New Orleans, the eclectic, colorful and artistic town fits his own personality like a glove. 7 Center St.
* The Art Colony -- A cure for "Been There, Done That." This wondrous hub of imagination is simmering and popping with ideas being born. A group of eight unique buildings house the studio-galleries of a varied assortment of off-beat, laughing, creative, optimistic artists. Come join us to watch Jerri Stevens and Wendi La Fey paint original works in oil and acrylic. Visit with Jack Miller, painter and master print maker, as he practices his craft in this age old tradition. Join in the excitement of creation with Robert Beauford as he fashions jewelry objects in silver and gold. Listen to the melodic voice of Maureen Alexander singing or watch her make stained glass works of art. Share in the experience of Sonny Carpenter's expressive stone carvings, or watch "Antler" Dan Allen carve detailed images from antler. See Kurtz Miller, "The Ozark Scrimshaw Man," create traditional and custom scrimshaw images. The artists are all happy to pause in their work and play to answer your questions, visit, and help you decide which pieces to purchase and take home. Awaken your senses and refresh your spirit today at 185 N. Main St. next to Cafe Santa Fe. Free Parking.
* EureKan Art Studio & Shop -- features fine art and crafts by local and regional artists. More than 90 artists are represented in an eclectic mix of media -- oil, water and acrylic paintings, art glass, pottery, contemporary sculpture, photography and native wood boxes. 150 N. Main St.
* Gryphon's Roost Gallery -- hits contemporary art on many different levels, from vibrant and fun to subtle and profound. The gallery features atmospheric light boxes from Spain, pewter, pottery and jewelry created with semi-precious gems from all over the world, friendly personal service, French soaps, organic essential oils and floral waters, candles and inspirational notecards. 137 Spring St.
* Harris' Art Garden and Gallery -- Artists JD and Cathy Harris have transformed a sadly dilapidated historic home into a showplace of art, architecture and gardening. JD is a master sculptor and Cathy works in stained glass -- it's a marriage made in... you guessed it! This is a place to be experienced and savored.184 N. Main.
* Iris at the Basin Park -- offers art lovers an eclectic range of art and fine crafts, showcasing the fine works of many local, regional and national artists. Fine jewelry, hand-thrown pottery, art glass, contemporary metal sculpture. 8 Spring St.
* The Jewel Box -- is located in the heart of gallery row. This delightful little shop features 50 local and regional artisans. Artist and owner Nancy Wines showcases her Crystal Vision Jewelry line. Hand-painted porcelain, exotic masks, silk garments and more. 77 Spring St.
* Keels Creek Art Gallery -- Showing a diverse collection of nationally known and local artists that encompasses oils, acrylics, watercolors, fibers, wildlife art, pottery, glass and art jewelry. The Gallery is located at 3185 E. Van Buren (across from Trolley Stop #25 on Highway 62 on the east side of town). Ample parking and easy access.
* Paradise Pottery -- Visit artists Laura Waters and Jim Wallace in their working studio showroom where the couple create wheel-thrown, wood-fired stoneware that ranges from dinnerware to large jardinieres and outdoor water features. Located 1/4 mile off US62W on Blue Spring Rd.
* Room Dressing Gallery - Featuring both exquisite original art and funky, elegant home decor for those whose home is their canvas, and art collectors, alike. We offer a wonderful selection of hand-printed black & white photography, and original paintings and mixed media creative works, as well as uniquely beautiful occasional furniture and home accessories. We have the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday shopping list.
* Spring Gallery -- is the oldest surviving gallery in Eureka Springs and offers an assortment of prints, posters and original art by local artists, including a limited supply of works by the late WPA artist Glenn Gant, Louis and Elsie Freund and Thomas R. Thomas. Special services offered when the need for framing arises.
* Serendipity at the Crescent -- Add a bit of the arts to your visit to the Crescent Hotel. While browsing through the collection of glass, pottery and wall art or picking out a favorite piece of handmade jewelry, be sure to let your eyes wander up to the collection of moons painted on the ceiling of the Bella Luna Room. 75 Prospect Ave.
* Wilson & Wilson Folk Art Co. -- features original paintings by folk artists Blakeley and Sylvia Wilson, hand-painted furnishings, limited edition prints and primitives. Blakeley's designs are now available in a full decorator line. Located in the Flat Iron building. 23 Spring St.
* Zarks -- is a contemporary fine craft and art gallery specializing in American art glass along with silver and gold jewelry, sculpture, and two dimensional works by more than 130 local, regional and national artists. Featuring a very fine cat Leo who greets you at the door. 67 Spring St.