Bust that stress with massage
Shopper's cramp, sore feet, tension headache: the holidays usually leave some not-so-jolly reminders behind. Give the gift of relaxation to yourself, and let all that stress melt away with an hour of soothing massage at a local day spa. Been really good this year? Go for the whole package, with revitalizing facial, and maybe even the body-balancing serenity of raindrop therapy, with several essential oils. Soak away stress with a hydrotherapy treatment, or treat your feet extra nice with some reflexology in all the right spots; go ahead, you deserve it. How about a vanilla sugar scrub to put you right back into that happy holiday spirit, or some Reiki to balance those out-of-alignment chakras? You'll be amazed how much better you'll feel, and those around you will appreciate the pleasant change in your mood, too. Get started now by browsing the listings below and finding the spa that's just right for you.
* Eureka Massage Center -- Three of Eureka's most requested therapists offer massage and a variety of bodywork sessions in a quiet, comfortable and private setting just of Hwy 62E on Wall St. You will feel "the difference experience makes." Free parking. By appointment (479) 253-5663
* Focus -- Relax and let the stress be massaged right out of you. Swedish massage, steam and Reiki treatments offered. You owe it to yourself to feel as good as you can, and this is the right place for that. Located on the lower level of Vintage Cargo, at US62 and the historical loop. Plenty of free parking. (479) 253-5744.
* Gryphon's Roost -- Treat yourself well with a private hour in the hot tub, followed by a massage, body masks and polishes, reflexology, aromatherapy, facials -- whatever it takes to make you feel good and healthy. Conveniently located on upper Spring St. near the post office. (479) 253-5667.
* Healing Benefits has been reducing pain and travel fatigue in visitors for 16 years. Get rejuvenated, and be sure to get free lavender aromatherapy when you mention the ad in the Visitor. Located on the historic loop. (479) 253-6750.
* HealthWorks at the top of Mountain St., is not just massage. Reflexology, aromatherapy, steam cabinet, face lift and the roller wave table will transform you to a state of total relaxation. (479) 253-7977.
* Magnolia Day Spa -- Enjoy natural herbal treatments which heal and melt away tension by spa professionals! Their facial and luxurious body wraps feature imported mud containing over 1,000 herbs. Now offering a full line of chocolate spa treatments. Schedule your personal escape into a warm inviting aromatic environment. Call (479) 253-8600.
* New Moon Spa & Salon - Located in the Crescent Hotel, the New Moon Spa & Salon offers a full menu of professional spa services. They have a state-of-the-art Aveda Salon that provides locals and tourists with haircuts and color, manicures, pedicures and waxing. They cater to brides with formal wedding-style makeup and a spacious bridal studio for your special day. (479) 253-2879.
* Palace Bathhouse -- Massage and full spa services offered in an antique setting. The bathhouse facilities in the lower level of this historic hotel are little changed from what health seekers found there in the early days of the 20th century, complete with antique tubs and steam cabinets. The massage is thoroughly modern. (479) 253-8400.
* Serenity Spa -- This spa is in the 1905 Basin Park Hotel downtown, and features facials, exfoliations and a variety of massage treatments, including hot rock therapy, which will warm your muscles to the bone. (479) 253-7837.
* Suchness Spa -- This Thai/Asian spa, opened in the New Orleans Hotel by Catherina Z. Bernstein, is open 8 a.m. -- 7 p.m. every day. Pamper yourself with massage, Shiatsu, sea glows, cocoon body wraps, crown chakra light work and Thai herbal steam. (479) 253-2828.