In Eureka Springs and the surrounding area, you'll find a wonderful variety of experiences. From the top of your head to the soles of your feet, you can find a trained and licensed professional ready to treat you like royalty.
Be sure and look through the listings below. Not every therapy will be right for everyone, and some of them may sound very exotic and unusual. But when you're on vacation, maybe something unexpected is the way to go. Certainly, when you get back home, you'll have a story to tell about essential oils, hot rocks, and other pampering.
Many Americans have a resistance to getting a massage. It's almost like we feel we don't deserve to feel that good. If this kind of indulgence makes you feel guilty, rationalize it by thinking how much better shape you'll be in when you get back to work.
Eureka Springs caters to couples, and massages and other spa treatments can bring couples closer to together in a new way.
Best of all, the peaceful Ozark surroundings will help prolong the restorative effects of your spa experience. Indulge!
*Alexa Pittenger, nctmb -- Experience something different by combining quality bodywork, soothing hot stones, aromatherapy and the Sound Table with the energizing and detoxifying VIBE Light and Ion Footbath. Eureka!!Massage & Wellness Therapies is tranquil, comfortable and conveniently located with easy, free parking 'round back of The Quarter on US 62 (between ReMax and Hart's Grocery). By appointment (479) 253-9208.
* Eureka Massage Center -- Three of Eureka's most requested therapists offer massage and a variety of bodywork sessions in a quiet, comfortable and private setting just of Hwy 62E on Wall St. You will feel "the difference experience makes." Free parking. By appointment (479) 253-5663
* Focus -- Relax and let the stress be massaged right out of you. Swedish massage, steam and Reiki treatments offered. You owe it to yourself to feel as good as you can, and this is the right place for that. Located on the lower level of Vintage Cargo, at US62 and the historical loop. Plenty of free parking. (479) 253-5744.
* Gryphon's Roost -- Treat yourself well with a private hour in the hot tub, followed by a massage, body masks and polishes, reflexology, aromatherapy, facials -- whatever it takes to make you feel good and healthy. Conveniently located on upper Spring St. near the post office. (479) 253-5667.
* Healing Benefits has been reducing pain and travel fatigue in visitors for 20 years. Get rejuvenated, and be sure to get free lavender aromatherapy when you mention the ad in the Visitor. Located on the historic loop. (479) 253-6750.
* HealthWorks at the top of Mountain St., is not just massage. Reflexology, aromatherapy, steam cabinet, face lift and the roller wave table will transform you to a state of total relaxation. (479) 253-7977.
* Magnolia Day Spa -- Enjoy natural herbal treatments which heal and melt away tension by spa professionals! Their facial and luxurious body wraps feature imported mud containing over 1,000 herbs. Now offering a full line of chocolate spa treatments. Schedule your personal escape into a warm inviting aromatic environment. Call (479) 253-8600.
* New Moon Spa & Salon - Located in the Crescent Hotel, the New Moon Spa & Salon offers a full menu of professional spa services. They have a state-of-the-art Aveda Salon that provides locals and tourists with haircuts and color, manicures, pedicures and waxing. They cater to brides with formal wedding-style makeup and a spacious bridal studio for your special day. (479) 253-2879.
* Palace Bathhouse -- Massage and full spa services offered in an antique setting. The bathhouse facilities in the lower level of this historic hotel are little changed from what health seekers found there in the early days of the 20th century, complete with antique tubs and steam cabinets. The massage is thoroughly modern. (479) 253-8400.
* Serenity Spa -- This spa is in the 1905 Basin Park Hotel downtown, and features facials, exfoliations and a variety of massage treatments, including hot rock therapy, which will warm your muscles to the bone. (479) 253-7837.
* Suchness Spa -- This Thai/Asian spa, opened in the New Orleans Hotel by Catherina Z. Bernstein, is open 8 a.m. -- 7 p.m. every day. Pamper yourself with massage, Shiatsu, sea glows, cocoon body wraps, crown chakra light work and Thai herbal steam. A free trade green store. (479) 253-2828.