Want the secret to a great vacation? Don't wait for your stress to drip away, day by day. Get a massage on your first day and blast away that tension. Local therapists agree that a spa treatment at the beginning of your getaway will relax you, enabling you to truly enjoy your stay. Choose from a variety of therapies, a one-hour massage with essential oils, or the deep warming power of hot stone therapy. If you're a first-time massage customer, leave those worries behind; all day spas are dedicated to the client's comfort first. Your privacy is always respected. Want to ease into the spa experience? Try some foot reflexology to rejuvenate those tired tootsies, or an arm and wrist massage if you've been spending too much time in front of the keyboard lately. Once you feel that wonderful sense of peace and relaxation, you'll never turn back. Browse the listings below to find the spa that fits you best and get the most out of your time to play!
*Alexa Pittenger, nctmb -- Experience something different by combining quality bodywork, soothing hot stones, aromatherapy and the Sound Table with the energizing and detoxifying VIBE Light and Ion Footbath. Eureka!!Massage & Wellness Therapies is tranquil, comfortable and conveniently located with easy, free parking 'round back of The Quarter on US 62 (between ReMax and Hart's Grocery). By appointment (479) 253-9208.
* Eureka Massage Center -- Three of Eureka's most requested therapists offer massage and a variety of bodywork sessions in a quiet, comfortable and private setting just of Hwy 62E on Wall St. You will "feel the difference experience makes." Free parking. By appointment (479) 253-5663
* Focus --(479) 253-5744.
* Gryphon's Roost -- A hip little sanctuary since 1994, committed to helping you get above your everyday life. They know how life can be, pushed and pulled in a million different directions, rarely just relaxing and allowing yourself to be. All treatments are given by highly skilled, compassionate therapists dedicted to giving you exactly what you need in an environment of safety and trust. Don't forget to add an ayurvedic skin treatment, sure to leave you glowing from the inside out. Ask their friendly staff about spa packages. Conveniently located on upper Spring St. near the post office. (479) 253-5667.
* Healing Benefits has been reducing pain and travel fatigue in visitors for 20 years. Get rejuvenated, and be sure to get free lavender aromatherapy when you mention the ad in the Visitor. Located on the historic loop. (479) 253-6750.
* HealthWorks, a Eureka tradition since 1992! Health Works keeps visitors and locals coming back often. They offer massage, spa packages, couples massage, aromatheraphy, reflexology and energy sessions. Located in the heart of Historic Eureka Springs on the corner of Mountain and White Streets. (479) 253-7977.
* Magnolia Day Spa -- Enjoy natural herbal treatments which heal and melt away tension by spa professionals! Their facial and luxurious body wraps feature imported mud containing over 1,000 herbs. Now offering a full line of chocolate spa treatments. Schedule your personal escape into a warm inviting aromatic environment. Call (479) 253-8600.
* New Moon Spa & Salon - Located in the Crescent Hotel, the New Moon Spa & Salon offers a full menu of professional spa services. They have a state-of-the-art Aveda Salon that provides locals and tourists with haircuts and color, manicures, pedicures and waxing. They cater to brides with formal wedding-style makeup and a spacious bridal studio for your special day. (479) 253-2879.
* Palace Bathhouse -- Massage and full spa services offered in an antique setting. The bathhouse facilities in the lower level of this historic hotel are little changed from what health seekers found there in the early days of the 20th century, complete with antique tubs and steam cabinets. The massage is thoroughly modern. (479) 253-8400.
* Serenity Spa -- This spa is in the 1905 Basin Park Hotel downtown, and features facials, exfoliations and a variety of massage treatments, including hot rock therapy, which will warm your muscles to the bone. (479) 253-7837.
* Suchness Spa -- A place of calm surrender. The unique Suchness Massage is a blend of Asian modalities. Suchness Spa rituals also include facial rejuvenation, body cocoons, body exfoliation, Thai poultice, Thai steam and Chakra Lightwork. A multi-dimensional spa experience awaits you. Inside the Historic New Orleans Hotel, 63 Spring St. (479) 253-2828.