Life's too short......Loosen up!
Ah, to be pampered, nurtured and cared for! We all crave it, especially in this hurry-up world--and how can you enjoy your time off when you can't relax? It's a vicious circle, but there's one answer: the ahhhh of a spa. Studies show that tension and stress are major factors against a person's well-being and health, so you're doing yourself a favor by getting a luxurious one-hour massage, complete with aromatic oils. And maybe an herbal wrap or mud pack, too.
Thankfully, you're in the right place. Eureka Springs has lots of soothing options to choose from; go for the full treatment at a day spa, or squeeze in a massage or some foot reflexology just to make the day better and the walking easier. If you've never been to a spa before, be assured you're in good hands, literally. Spa professionals are dedicated to making you comfortable at whatever level fits you best. Even those who are nervous about undressing can take advantage of aromatherapy or Reiki. Why wait? Check out one of the spas listed and give yourself some tender loving care. After all you do, day after day, you deserve it.
*Alexa Pittenger, nctmb -- Experience something different by combining quality bodywork, soothing hot stones, aromatherapy and the Sound Table with the energizing and detoxifying VIBE Light and Ion Footbath. Eureka!!Massage & Wellness Therapies is tranquil, comfortable and conveniently located with easy, free parking 'round back of The Quarter on US 62 (between ReMax and Hart's Grocery). By appointment (479) 253-9208.
* Eureka Massage Center -- Three of Eureka's most requested therapists offer massage and a variety of bodywork sessions in a quiet, comfortable and private setting just of Hwy 62E on Wall St. You will "feel the difference experience makes." Free parking. By appointment (479) 253-5663
* Focus -- Relax and let the stress be massaged right out of you. Swedish massage, steam and Reiki treatments offered. You owe it to yourself to feel as good as you can, and this is the right place for that. Located on the lower level of Vintage Cargo, at US62 and the historical loop. Plenty of free parking. (479) 253-5744.
* Gryphon's Roost -- A hip little sanctuary since 1994, committed to helping you get above your everyday life. They know how life can be, pushed and pulled in a million different directions, rarely just relaxing and allowing yourself to be. All treatments are given by highly skilled, compassionate therapists dedicted to giving you exactly what you need in an environment of safety and trust. Don't forget to add an ayurvedic skin treatment, sure to leave you glowing from the inside out. Ask their friendly staff about spa packages. Conveniently located on upper Spring St. near the post office. (479) 253-5667.
* Healing Benefits has been reducing pain and travel fatigue in visitors for 20 years. Get rejuvenated, and be sure to get free lavender aromatherapy when you mention the ad in the Visitor. Located on the historic loop. (479) 253-6750.
* HealthWorks, a Eureka tradition since 1992! Health Works keeps visitors and locals coming back often. They offer massage, spa packages, couples massage, aromatheraphy, reflexology and energy sessions. Located in the heart of Historic Eureka Springs on the corner of Mountain and White Streets. (479) 253-7977.
* Magnolia Day Spa -- Enjoy natural herbal treatments which heal and melt away tension by spa professionals! Their facial and luxurious body wraps feature imported mud containing over 1,000 herbs. Now offering a full line of chocolate spa treatments. Schedule your personal escape into a warm inviting aromatic environment. Call (479) 253-8600.
* New Moon Spa & Salon - Located in the Crescent Hotel, the New Moon Spa & Salon offers a full menu of professional spa services. They have a state-of-the-art Aveda Salon that provides locals and tourists with haircuts and color, manicures, pedicures and waxing. They cater to brides with formal wedding-style makeup and a spacious bridal studio for your special day. (479) 253-2879.
* Palace Bathhouse -- Massage and full spa services offered in an antique setting. The bathhouse facilities in the lower level of this historic hotel are little changed from what health seekers found there in the early days of the 20th century, complete with antique tubs and steam cabinets. The massage is thoroughly modern. (479) 253-8400.
* Serenity Spa -- This spa is in the 1905 Basin Park Hotel downtown, and features facials, exfoliations and a variety of massage treatments, including hot rock therapy, which will warm your muscles to the bone. (479) 253-7837.
* Suchness Spa -- A place of calm surrender. The unique Suchness Massage is a blend of Asian modalities. Suchness Spa rituals also include facial rejuvenation, body cocoons, body exfoliation, Thai poultice, Thai steam and Chakra Lightwork. A multi-dimensional spa experience awaits you. Inside the Historic New Orleans Hotel, 63 Spring St. (479) 253-2828.