Life's too short......loosen up!
It's a familiar feeling: you try to have a good time, but there's a massive knot of tension between your shoulder blades, filled with every responsibility and worry you're trying to escape. No matter how much you try to unwind, you're still not relaxed. Never fear, we're here to help, and a soothing afternoon at a spa will put you right with the world again.
Feel those tied-up muscles turn to putty with a one-hour basic massage, or try something a bit more exotic like a Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage. Either way, you're always in good hands. If you've never had a massage before, it's definitely time to take the plunge and just do it--after all, the only thing you will lose is your stress. Try a hot stone treatment to ease those bones, or perhaps some foot reflexology to relieve those aching tootsies after yesterday's marathon shopping spree.
There's a treatment for every bit, top to bottom, and several spas even feature Reiki treatments for your bruised aura. So relax, browse the listings below, and find a spa that fits your needs. You'll discover how wonderful your vacation can become when you're de-stressed enough to enjoy it.
*Alexa Pittenger, nctmb -- Experience something different by combining quality bodywork, soothing hot stones, aromatherapy and the Sound Table with the energizing and detoxifying VIBE Light and Ion Footbath. Eureka!!Massage & Wellness Therapies is tranquil, comfortable and conveniently located with easy, free parking 'round back of The Quarter on US 62 (between ReMax and Hart's Grocery). By appointment (479) 253-9208.
* Eureka Massage Center -- Three of Eureka's most requested therapists offer massage and a variety of bodywork sessions in a quiet, comfortable and private setting just of Hwy 62E on Wall St. You will "feel the difference experience makes." Free parking. By appointment (479) 253-5663
* Focus -- Relax and let the stress be massaged right out of you. Swedish massage, steam and Reiki treatments offered. You owe it to yourself to feel as good as you can, and this is the right place for that. Located on the lower level of Vintage Cargo, at US62 and the historical loop. Plenty of free parking. (479) 253-5744.
* Gryphon's Roost -- A hip little sanctuary since 1994, committed to helping you get above your everyday life. They know how life can be, pushed and pulled in a million different directions, rarely just relaxing and allowing yourself to be. All treatments are given by highly skilled, compassionate therapists dedicted to giving you exactly what you need in an environment of safety and trust. Don't forget to add an ayurvedic skin treatment, sure to leave you glowing from the inside out. Ask their friendly staff about spa packages. Conveniently located on upper Spring St. near the post office. (479) 253-5667.
* Healing Benefits has been reducing pain and travel fatigue in visitors for 20 years. Get rejuvenated, and be sure to get free lavender aromatherapy when you mention the ad in the Visitor. Located on the historic loop. (479) 253-6750.
* HealthWorks, a Eureka tradition since 1992! Health Works keeps visitors and locals coming back often. They offer massage, spa packages, couples massage, aromatheraphy, reflexology and energy sessions. Located in the heart of Historic Eureka Springs on the corner of Mountain and White Streets. (479) 253-7977.
* Magnolia Day Spa -- Enjoy natural herbal treatments which heal and melt away tension by spa professionals! Their facial and luxurious body wraps feature imported mud containing over 1,000 herbs. Now offering a full line of chocolate spa treatments. Schedule your personal escape into a warm inviting aromatic environment. Call (479) 253-8600.
* New Moon Spa & Salon - Located in the Crescent Hotel, the New Moon Spa & Salon offers a full menu of professional spa services. They have a state-of-the-art Aveda Salon that provides locals and tourists with haircuts and color, manicures, pedicures and waxing. They cater to brides with formal wedding-style makeup and a spacious bridal studio for your special day. (479) 253-2879.
* Palace Bathhouse -- Massage and full spa services offered in an antique setting. The bathhouse facilities in the lower level of this historic hotel are little changed from what health seekers found there in the early days of the 20th century, complete with antique tubs and steam cabinets. The massage is thoroughly modern. (479) 253-8400.
* Serenity Spa -- This spa is in the 1905 Basin Park Hotel downtown, and features facials, exfoliations and a variety of massage treatments, including hot rock therapy, which will warm your muscles to the bone. (479) 253-7837.
* Suchness Spa -- A place of calm surrender. The unique Suchness Massage is a blend of Asian modalities. Suchness Spa rituals also include facial rejuvenation, body cocoons, body exfoliation, Thai poultice, Thai steam and Chakra Lightwork. A multi-dimensional spa experience awaits you. Inside the Historic New Orleans Hotel, 63 Spring St. (479) 253-2828.