Main Stage after-school classes
Main Stage Creative Community Center is offering the following after-school classes for ages seven through 12, weekly from 3 to 6 p.m.
* Monday: Theatre with Chris;
* Tuesday: Crafts with Hanna;
* Wednesday: Clay/Pottery with Lynn
* Thursday: Art with Annie; and
* Friday: Improv with Ken.
The after school program provides children with a hands-on education in art and theatre.
The first project for Monday theatre class will be a production written and donated to Main Stage by local author Sandra Ostrander, Out of the Box.
The Tuesday art class will cover a range of art forms including papier-maché, mosaics and origami. The Wednesday clay class will work on fantasy architecture.
Thursday's art class will explore fine art. Fridays are for comedic improvisation, focussing on stage presence and fast thinking.
Cost of the classes is $60 per month for five days a week and $45 per month for three or fewer days a week.
Main Stage Teen
and adult programming
Classes will be available at Main Stage for ages 13 and up.
* Dog training is a five-session course on behavioral modification for both owners and dogs. Participants should bring one dog, a fitted choke collar without spikes, a six-foot leash and treats to reward the dog. Water bowls are optional.
The class will be held on Mondays from 6 to 7:30 p.m., in the Main Stage parking lot. Cost is $25.
* Art with Larry Mansker. There will be a nine-week class studying and producing two dimensional art starting Tuesday, Sept. 16, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Cost is $90.
* Fashion design. Eurekan seamstress extraordinaire Rosie Rose will offer a six-week class teaching the basic application of fashion design, including completion of a wearable piece of art on Mondays from 3 to 4:45 p.m. Cost is $60, including a $10 materials fee.
* Garage band is a nine-week crash course in the performance of rock and roll. Instruments taught will be electric guitar, electric bass and drums. The class will conclude with a "battle of the bands." It began Sept. 9 from 3 to 4:45 p.m. Cost is $90.
To register for any of these classes or for details, call 253-8060.