Ralph E. Martin was born in Kenna, New Mexico, on June 28, 1931. His family moved to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, in 1941, where he attended Eureka Springs High School until his graduation in 1947.
Upon graduation, Ralph joined the Army and served two and a half years in Japan during the Korean War. After his discharge from the Army, he enrolled in the University of Arkansas through the GI Bill, earning a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering in 1958, and a Master of Science in Chemical Engineering in 1960.
Following graduation, Ralph moved his family to Tyler, Texas, where he and fellow engineer, Jack Scott, formed Marsco in 1969. In February 1981, Ralph and several former Marsco employees formed PetroFac, Inc. The company now employs several thousand staff worldwide.
Ralph's success was coupled with his unselfish and humble nature. He established the Martin Academic Enrichment Fund Endowment at the University of Arkansas. In honor of his generous gift, the department was named the Ralph E. Martin Department of Chemical Engineering.
Ralph is survived by his wife Kathryn Martin; sister, Myrah Newby; daughter Luci Martin; son and daughter-in-law Ron and Gina Martin; daughters Lori Martin, Kimberly Martin, Meredith Sieber, and their sister, Missy Martin; step children Mark, Michael Pool and wife Jazz; grandchildren Alisha and Andrew Martin, Mandy Owens, Chris Summerville, Tyler and Harley Sieber; great-grandchildren Sloan and Slater Rodberg and Sophia Baker; as well as many friends and loved-ones.
Ralph passed away on February 19 in the presence of his family. Burial was at Rose Lawn Cemetery in Tyler.
In lieu of flowers, Ralph would prefer donations be made to the following charities: Boys and Girls Club of East Texas, 504 W. 32nd Street, Tyler, TX 75702; East Texas Crisis Center, 2026 Republic Drive, Tyler, TX 75701; Ralph E. Martin Endowment Fund for Lighthouse for Christ Mission, P.O. Box 8318, Tyler, TX 75701; or the Hospice of East Texas, 4111 University Blvd, Tyler, TX 75701.