King received the Volunteer of the Year Award from the Carroll County Extension Service, and his civic involvement includes membership on the Carroll County Farm Bureau Board and the Arkansas Cattlemen's Association.
King is basing his platform on the following issues:
1. Making business, tourism, farming and working profitable by:
A. Cutting capital gains tax in Arkansas.
B. Cutting sales tax on energy for agriculture production.
C. Cutting retirement/pension tax.
D. Increasing tax credits for increased advertising for tourism.
E. Supporting farmers' markets.
2. Encourage economic growth by:
A. Eliminating sales tax on energy for manufacturing.
B. Dedicating state revenue for construction of new highways.
C. Fighting against the federal government's burdensome regulations.
3. Resist school consolidation by:
A. Continuing support for rural schools.
B. More local control of our schools.
C. Being an asset to Senate District 5 schools.
4. Block gun control.
5. Continue to support conservative values. King is pro-life.
6. Pass anti-crime legislation.
7. Provide representation that people are entitled to from a state senator.
King is married to Lydia King and they have one daughter, Meghan.