Sunday at UUF
July 22: Sharilyn Starling will present "Our Beleaguered Allies: the Bees." Service at 11 a.m. All are welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 17 Elk St. Child care provided. Call 253-0929 or visit online -- uuism.net/-eurekauuf.
* Let freedom ring: Don't miss the Eureka Springs Historical Museum's new exhibit, "Let Freedom Ring." On display are historic papers, medals, uniforms, a painting of Crandall Walker of the Walker Brothers' Store, and various flags, including a 13-star flag dating from 1876. Eureka Springs Historical Museum is located at 95 South Main. Visiting hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
* Gardeners wanted: Community gardening volunteers and gardening enthusiasts are needed to "adopt" and maintain the city gardens that Eureka has been unable to keep up due to lack of funds. A group of people is also needed to help with a one-time cleanup of the North Main Park. If you can help in any way, call Pat Lujan (479) 244-5146.
* Barbara Fairchild featured at brunch: She will be the Ladies of Faith special guest speaker Tuesday, July 31, 10 a.m. at The Gazebo Restaurant. Call (479) 981-6388, (870) 480-3161 or The Gazebo Restaurant (479) 253-9551 or RSVP at www.ArkansasLadiesofFaith.webs.com because seating is limited. Be sure to bring a friend! For several years Barbara has been a spokesperson for Feed The Children, a sponsor for the Foster Grandparents Organization and is a member of Concerned Women Of America.
* Free Clothes Closet now open: The free Clothes Closet at the Eureka Springs Penn-Memorial First Baptist Church has reopened. Hours are 1 -- 4 p.m. Please call (479) 253-9770 to bring to the church any clean, good, new or used clothing, personal care items, linens, small appliances or dishes that you would like to be donated free of charge to the community.
* Learning Center summer program: The Eureka Springs Elementary and Middle Schools, in partnership with Main Stage, offer a 21st Century Community Learning Center summer program for students in grades K -- 6 until August 4 at no cost to the family. Hours are 8 a.m. -- 5:30 p.m. and will include breakfast, lunch and snacks.
Please call 253-7716 for more information.
* Audiobooks and eBooks: The Carroll County Library System now has eBooks and audiobooks available for download from your library's website. Users may browse the library's Library2Go website, check out with a valid library card, and download to PC, MacŪ, and many mobile devices. For help call the Eureka Springs (479) 253-8754 public library.
* Furniture bank and used book store open: Wildflower Chapel's low cost Furniture Bank and Used Book Store is located behind Wildflowers Thrift Store and Chapel on US 62E across from Hill Country Hardware. For more information, contact Bill Grissom, (479) 252-5108.
* Alateen meeting: Sundays from 10:15 -- 11:15 a.m. For more information, call or text (479) 981-9977, or e-mail ALATEEN1ST@gmx.com.
* Overeaters Anonymous: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. in the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod at US 62 and Hwy. 23. More information: Barbara (479) 244-0070.
* Coffeehouse and outreach: Berean Coffeehouse of Calvary Chapel of Eureka Springs hosts Youth Nights monthly with live music, activities and prizes. Watch this space for dates. Regular services 7 p.m. Wednesday nights and 10 a.m. Sunday in the back of the Coffeehouse on US 62E, next to the old Victoria Inn. Coffeehouse open to the public 7 a.m. -- 1 p.m. Tuesday -- Saturday with extra hours and live music on Fridays 5 -- 10 p.m. Worship Circle Fridays at 7 p.m.
* Occupy: If you can't join the occupation, join the Facebook group (type in Occupy Eureka Springs to find the group). More info: 253-6963.
* Casual Sundays at FUMC: Come as you are and enjoy a free meal every Sunday night from 5:30 -- 6 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Rachel and Larry Brick will share music during the supper. All are invited to stay for the Casual Worship Service from 6 to 7 p.m. Open Doors, Open Hearts, Open Minds. Hwy. 23S across from Autumn Breeze Restaurant. The public is invited and children are welcome. For more information, call (479) 253-8987or (479) 981-0482.
* Drug problem?: The Eureka Springs Coffee Pot Narcotics Anonymous Group meets Fridays at 5:30 p.m. at the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod Motel. Contact Shawn H. (417) 271-1084 or Robin S. (479) 244-6863 for more information.
* Al-Anon Family Group: meetings Eureka Springs AFG meets at the Coffee Pot behind the Land O' Nod Motel Sundays at 11:30 a.m., Mondays and Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
* Coffee Break Women: AFG meets at Faith Christian Family Church, Hwy. 23S, on Tuesdays at 9:45 a.m. For info: (479) 363-9495.