With pride, President Dee Bright presented the 2012 awards to:
* Restoration of a Residence -- Benjamin and Theresa Achor, 27 Benton Street.
* Restoration of a Residence and Phoenix Award -- Ken and Debbie Davis, 12 Summit.
* Restoration of a Building for Business -- Cottage Caboodle, Rob and Linda McFarlin, 11 North Main Street.
* Outstanding Historical Event -- Celebrate the Springs, Eureka Springs Parks and Recreation and Springs Committee
* Outstanding Community Event -- White Street Walk, Zeek Taylor, Eleanor Lux, Mary Springer
* Outstanding Preservation Society Members -- Archie and Suzanne Ryan
* Improving a Site -- Peggy Kjelgaard and Roger Shepperd, 10 White Street
* Special Recognition for Promotion of Beautification -- Eureka Springs Garden Club, Pat Messer, President
* Special Recognition for Stewardship of a Eureka Springs Landmark -- Penn Memorial First Baptist Church
* Outstanding Organization benefiting Eureka Springs -- Eureka Springs Downtown Network
* A special award, A Eureka Treasure!, was presented to DonE Allen, in recognition of his exemplary stewardship of Eureka Springs parks, thus improving the quality of life for all Eurekans.
Established in 1979, the Eureka Springs Preservation Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the natural and architectural beauty of Eureka Springs. Eureka Springs Preservation Society is a member of the Historic Preservation Alliance of Arkansas. For more information about the Preservation Society, visit www.eurekaspringspreservationsociety.org