Getting to celebrate Eureka Springs like a local is the dream of many and can now be fulfilled downtown on Thursday nights. Starting Thursday, August 16, visitors and locals can pick up stickers that are their ticket into the fun at the Farmers Market, Chamber of Commerce and participating lodging.
The events all start at Basin Spring Park, in the heart of downtown Eureka Springs, for the next 6 weeks from 5-7 p.m. Each week a different aspect of shopping, playing and dining will be showcased in the park, and the participating stores downtown. Local vendors will have booths and prizes in the park, live music, and maps of where the deals for real locals and "Locals for a Day" are that night.
Is eating in Eureka Springs more your style? Diners can ask participating locations for a Ticket to Win each time they dine out during the six-week promotion. Diners bring those tickets during the festivities in Basin Spring Park on Thursday nights to be entered to win the Eat Like a Local Prize, gift certificates for all of the participating locations. This is a mega prize. The more you eat out, the more times you can enter. A winner will be chosen on September 20 at the last Let's Get Local event in Basin Spring Park. Contest is open to everyone, whether you actually live here or you dream of moving here.
Let's Get Local Thursday Evening Events include:
* August 16 - Circus Night - Come see Eureka Springs put on an amazing show with local talent. DJ, hoopers, Ethan the Juggler, and more will delight you during the evening. School supplies will also be collected for area school children in need. Bring your pencils, crayons and paper!
* August 23 - Health and Healing - An evening celebrating our Spa Town heritage. Local providers will be offering massage and consultations, and a free boot camp exercise class will be available.
* August 30 - We Love Our Pets - In collaboration with the Good Shepherd Animal Shelter, we will have an Adopt-a-Thon, Stupid Pet Tricks contest, Pet Portraits, groomers, trainers and more. Bring your puppies to play in the park during the Dog Days of Summer.
* September 6 - Countdown to Xmas - Shopping! We will highlight the holidays and the shopping experience in Eureka Springs. Looking for a gift for any occasion? Eureka Springs has what you are looking for at our more than 200 independent retail locations. Kids games, home organizers, gift products: all will be showcased in the park.
* September 13 - All Sports! - Get your game on and come play in Basin Spring Park. Eureka Springs is an active town filled with go-carts, golf pros from Holiday Island, biking, spring hikes, and more. Lace up your shoes, bring the kids and come play in the park!
* September 20 - Food + Art - Celebrate the beauty of dining and shopping for food in Eureka Springs and the arts during this evening event featuring the band Swing and a Miss, a sweet potato pie contest, food art contest, Drink & Draw in the Park and more. We will also be awarding the Eat Like a Local Prize at the end of the evening.
"Shop local programs are an important part of any Main Street program," said Eureka Springs Downtown Network said Executive Director Jacqueline Wolven. "We were looking for a twist and knew that when people visit Eureka Springs they often want to know where the locals eat, play, sip and shop; the Let's Get Local program does that and celebrate the locals loving their town too. "
More events, vendors and programming is being added as the weeks go on. Full event information will be available at http://eurekaspringsdowntown.com.
For more information contact the Eureka Springs Downtown Network at 479-244-5074 or email@example.com.
ABOUT THE EUREKA SPRINGS DOWNTOWN NETWORK: Our Mission: The Eureka Springs Downtown Network, a Main Street Program, in partnership with Main Street Arkansas and the National Trust for Historic Preservation Main Street Center, strives to support preservation, business education, promotional programming, economic development and beautification in downtown Eureka Springs with the understanding that a vibrant downtown is in the best interest of the whole community. FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://eurekaspringsdowntown.com