* Chili Supper -- The Grace Lutheran Church at 179 Holiday Island Drive. in Holiday Island will hold a chili supper on Friday, Oct. 26 from 4 to 7 p.m. The cost for adults is $8 and for children under 10 is $3. Handicap parking is available in back of the church and take out is available. Proceeds will go to the Merlin Foundation's "Grandma's House" to help neglected and abused children. "Our made pies are to die for." For further information, please call 479-253-6218.
* Fundraiser for Davis -- Dan Davis, a long time Eureka Springs resident, is in need of financial assistance due to medical conditions arising from a massive stroke he suffered on May 28. Dan has resided in Fayetteville for the last several years and was employed by Lowe's at the time of his stroke. The medical insurance he had with Lowe's was limited and has now reached its limit of coverage. He faces a very lengthy rehabilitation path.
Dan, along with his wife Alice, (now deceased) owned and operated Miceli's Restaurant for 26 years in Eureka Springs.
The Dan Davis benefit will be held on Oct. 28, 2012 at Smoke and Barrel Tavern, 324 Dickson St. in Fayetteville, from 2 to 6 p.m. It will feature the music of Earl Kate and Them as well as Roots and Hellfire. It will include a silent auction and a raffle. There is a $5.00 cover charge with proceeds from the cover charge, auction and raffle going to Dan. Please come and show your support.
* Local regulation of public schools -- Eureka Springs has one of the highest income-per-student ratios in Arkansas. So why don't we use Waldorf, Montessori or Clear Spring as our education model instead of the Prussian school model applied by unconstitutional corporate mandate? Come to a meeting on the subject at the Christian Science building at 68 Mountain St. on Oct. 29 at 6 p.m. to find out more or call 479-253-6972.
* Metaphysical society hosts Scheunemann -- Eric Scheunemann will be speaking on Monday, Oct. 29 from 7 until 9 p.m. on local regulation of public schooling at the Metaphysical meeting downstairs in the reading room at the Christian Science church at 68 Mountain St.
* Free Computer Class at Your Library! -- The Carnegie Public Library will offer a free class entitled "Introduction to Computers and the Internet: Basics for Beginners" on Tuesday, Oct. 30 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Topics to be covered include: Using a mouse, finding your way around the Internet, learning commonly used button and more!
Call to reserve your seat 479-253-8754. The computer lab and classes are made possible by the Friends of the Carnegie Library, and other generous donors.
* Ozarks Senior Providers Network -- The next meeting of the Ozark Senior Providers Network will be held on Tuesday Oct. 30 at Berryville's Area Agency On Aging, starting at noon. The Meeting will be hosted by the Carroll County's Area Agency on Aging.
* Penn Memorial Church celebrates 100 years -- First Baptist- Penn Memorial Church, located at 100 Spring St. in Eureka Springs (across from the Post Office) is celebrating its "100 Years of Hope" on Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. at their church.
The theme will be "Voices From the Stained Glass" and will feature guest's right from the church's famous stained glass windows speaking, along with a special program to commemorate First Baptist -- Penn Memorial's Centennial Homecoming Celebration.
For further information, please contact the church at 253-9770.
* NEW Cardio Circuit Class at the BCC -- The Berryville Community Center will offer a new "Cardio Circuit" Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 -- 5 p.m The class offers low-impact/ high intensity cardio as well as range of motion and toning exercise. Please call 870-423-3139 for more information or contact the Berryville Community Center on Facebook.
* Ham radio club! -- To all interested in Ham Radio, the Little Switzerland Amateur Radio club meets every 2nd Thursday of the month at noon at the Pizza Hut on Hwy. 62 in Eureka Springs. For more information contact email@example.com.
* New on Tuesdays: Auction Night at the Hoe-Down -- The Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down is inaugurating live auctions on Tuesday nights. Anyone who has anything to sell can bring it the theater, 3140 E. Van Buren, on Tuesday mornings starting in October. There is no charge to put an item in the auction; the seller receives the sold price minus the auctioneer's commission. Doors open at 5 p.m., with Col. Bill Williams taking the stage to start the bidding at 6 p.m. No charge for admittance. Seats can be reserved by calling the Hoe-Down, 479-253-7725 or go to www.ozarkmountainhoedown.com.
* Zumba Fitness classes now offered in two area locations -- Dawn Anderson, Zumba Fitness Licensed Instructor, is now offering Zumba Fitness classes at the Berryville Community Center on Wednesdays and Fridays at 5:30 p.m. and at the Green Forest Train Depot on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:45 p.m. Classes are one hour and consist of a combination of high energy Latin, International, and Top 40 inspired music and dance moves. Please contact Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-366-3732 for more information.
* Audiobooks and eBooks: The Carroll County Library System now has eBooks and audiobooks available for download from your library's website. Users may browse the library's Library2Go website, check out with a valid library card, and download to PC, MacŪ, and many mobile devices. For help call the Eureka Springs 479-253-8754 public library.
* Furniture bank and used book store open: Wildflower Chapel's low cost Furniture Bank and Used Book Store is located behind Wildflowers Thrift Store and Chapel on Highway 62E across from Hill Country Hardware. For more information, contact Bill Grissom, 479-252-5108.
* Overeaters Anonymous: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. in the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod at US 62 and Hwy. 23. More information: Barbara 479-244-0070.
* Coffeehouse and outreach: Berean Coffeehouse of Calvary Chapel of Eureka Springs hosts Youth Nights monthly with live music, activities and prizes. Watch this space for dates. Regular services 7 p.m. Wednesday nights and 10 a.m. Sunday in the back of the Coffeehouse on US 62E, next to the old Victoria Inn. Coffeehouse open to the public 7 a.m. -- 1 p.m. Tuesday -- Saturday with extra hours and live music on Fridays 5 -- 10 p.m. Worship Circle Fridays at 7 p.m.
* Occupy: If you can't join the occupation, join the Facebook group (type in Occupy Eureka Springs to find the group). More info: 479-253-6963.
* Casual Sundays at FUMC: Come as you are and enjoy a free meal every Sunday night from 5:30 -- 6 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Rachel and Larry Brick will share music during the supper. All are invited to stay for the Casual Worship Service from 6 to 7 p.m. Open Doors, Open Hearts, Open Minds. Hwy. 23S across from Autumn Breeze Restaurant. The public is invited and children are welcome. For more information, call 479-253-8987or 479-981-0482.
* Drug problem?: The Eureka Springs Coffee Pot Narcotics Anonymous Group meets Fridays at 5:30 p.m. at the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod Motel. Contact Shawn H. 417-271-1084 or Robin S. 479-244-6863 for more information.
* Al-Anon Family Group: meetings Eureka Springs AFG meets at the Coffee Pot behind the Land O' Nod Motel Sundays at 11:30 a.m., Mondays and Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
* Coffee Break Women: AFG meets at Faith Christian Family Church, Hwy. 23S, on Tuesdays at 9:45 a.m. For info: 479-363-9495.