Dispatch Desk

Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 14

12:51 a.m. -- Carroll County dispatch advised a male from Barry County who had been involved in a domestic disturbance was headed to Eureka and possibly staying at a local motel.

10:28 p.m. -- A caller from a local apartment complex filed a report about a lost wallet. An officer responded and the wallet was found.

January 16

3:30 a.m. -- A caller from Harvey Street reported a barking dog. The responding officer could find no barking dog. Animal Control will follow up.

4:10 a.m. -- A caller asked police to take a quick walk-through of a local burger joint when the opener came to work and it was already open. No harm done.

6:37 a.m. -- A caller from North Main reported her jewelry box had been stolen and wanted to file a report, which she did.

9:22 a.m. -- A caller from the high school asked an officer to locate and talk with a student who had left campus and was last seen heading south on Lake Lucerne Road. The officer located the student and released him to a family member.

12:58 p.m. -- Carroll County Sheriff's Dept. received a call in reference to a possible disturbance at Dogwood Ridge regarding a woman "being very loud and possibly intoxicated." The responding officer found the woman talking to her daughter, who advised they weren't yelling but only "venting" and would keep it down.

4:29 p.m. -- A caller reported a red Pontiac Firebird swerving all over the road, often in the wrong lane and tailgating as it headed toward ES. Deputies located the vehicle before it entered the city. Vehicle was involved in a head-on collision in Holiday Island.

5:16 p.m. -- A caller from East Mountain asked for an extra patrol for the next two weeks because of damage done at the home of a resident who passed away over the weekend.

6:24 p.m. -- A caller reported a "huge fight between multiple people" at the white house across across the street. Apparently the fight was winding down through the call and it turned out to be "verbal only."

8:41 p.m. -- A caller from North Main was transported to the hospital because she was ill and on new medication causing her problems.

January 17

3:08 p.m. -- A patient who was causing problems at the hospital was transported to Fayetteville for further treatment.

9:55 p.m. -- Carroll County Sheriff's Dept. asked an officer to drive to Hwy 23 South due to a horse in the middle of the road near Harold's Storage. The horse continued to wander off and on the road for awhile. State Police helped warn people of the horse. The horse eventually ran off into the woods. Good-bye horse.

January 18

1:17 a.m. -- A caller from a local motel advised he had broken his key off in his door and couldn't get in. The front desk was not responding. Dispatch managed to contact an employee with a little detective work and was informed he would let the guy back in his room.

4:41 a.m. -- A caller from White Street advised of a "small white shepherd-looking dog" running loose "again." Animal Control followed up.

9:03 a.m. -- Animal Control responded to a report of a dog running loose around a local burger joint and ended up with a basset hound in custody. Lucky for Droopy Dog, it was later claimed by its owner.

3:34 p.m. -- A utility truck vs. car at a local Amish-themed store. Guess who won. No injuries and a report was taken.

4:20 p.m. -- A caller reported his droid had been stolen. According to Asimov's 3 Laws of Robotics:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

11:34 p.m. -- A caller reported spotting two teenagers wearing all black, one with a backpack, walking off the highway near Greenwood Hollow Road. The responding officer could find no trace of the alleged ninjas.

January 19

12:14 p.m. -- A caller reported the parking meters downtown were not working. The responding officer took care of the problem.

1:18 p.m. -- A caller advised five people were acting suspicious near a big bank up on the highway. Said he didn't know whether they were "protesting or what." The responding officer spoke with the bank manager and checked the area.

3:09 p.m. -- This is wonderful. A caller asked Eureka to notify authorities in Stone Co., Mo., about "some donkeys on the highway about four miles east from Cape Fear." Stone County advised they were aware of the situation and are taking care of it.

4:27 p.m. -- A caller from a bar up on Spring Street reported a customer who said "his job description was a pickpocket/master sleight of hand." Slight build, gray hair and mustache." And they literally called the cops on this guy. Anyway, apparently they were right. He disappeared before contact could be made. Wanna watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat?

4:35 p.m. -- An anonymous lady dropped off a Doberman mix named Betty at the cop shop. Said Betty was found downtown at the Aud.

4:46 p.m. -- A caller from Armstrong Street reported her German Shepherd mix missing. The dog was at the police station (see above) and was returned to its owner. Hey Betty!

7:18 p.m. -- A North Main business called to complain about noise from a wood chopper nearby. The wood chopper-er advised she was done for the night.

11:32 p.m. -- During a routine traffic stop, a male individual was arrested for DWI, failure to stop and failure to use a turn signal.

January 20

2:22 a.m. -- A routine traffic stop led to the arrest of a male individual near the bottom of Anderson Street for DWI #2, driving on a suspended/revoked driver's license and driving with an open container.

3:48 p.m. -- A caller from Angle Street advised of a male walking around dressed in camo carrying a BB gun and headed toward Main Street looking suspicious. The responding officer spoke with the individual and his parents.

9:15 p.m. -- A caller reported a deer was hit in the eastbound lane of US Hwy 62 near the Razorback Gift Shop. The deer had been removed by the time the officer arrived.