* Krazo "Underground Umbrella Decorating" and "Light and Sound Parade" -- The Krazo-sponsored final "Underground Umbrella Decorating" session will take place at Eureka Live on Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 5:30 p.m. Umbrellas and decorations are supplied courtesy of Krewe of Krazo and Eureka Live. And on Saturday, Feb. 2, the Krewe of Krazo "Light and Sound Night Parade" will roll in downtown Eureka along Spring Street starting at 6 p.m. The three theme floats will be ridden by a bevy of beauties followed by the Cavaliers Party Float with 30 riders cheering and throwing out beads, beads, beads. For further info, go to www.Krazo.Ureeka.org or call (479) 981-9551.
* Free Gospel Concert at Pine Mountain Theater -- There will be a free gospel concert on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 7 p.m. at the Pine Mountain Theater, featuring the award winning Williamson's Southern Gospel music group. This group has had several nationally charted songs and was recently voted the Singing News publication's Breakthrough Group of the Year. Doors open at 6 pm. For more information call (877) 504-2092.
* EUUF hosts Lee to discuss Celia Parker Wooley -- The Eureka Unitarian Universalist Fellowship will host Koby Lee on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 11 a.m. to discuss pastor, author, woman's suffragist and racial justice activist Celia Parker Wooley. Lee did her dissertation on this late 19th/early 20th century Unitarian minister and social reform activist. At 9:45, part four of "Long Strange Trip," a film on the subject of Universalism, will be shown. It is also "Soup Sunday." Soup, bread, juice, wine, coffee and tea are offered for adults at $4 and children at $2, with a $10/max per family. For details, call (479) 253-0929.
* Metafizzies to host Reiki Master Wilson -- Intuitive Medium, Reiki Master and Spiritual Teacher Shelly Wilson will be the guest speaker at the Metaphysical Meeting on Monday, Feb. 4 from 7 - 9 p.m. Wilson will offer readings and insight.The meeting is held in the basement of the Christian Science Church located at 68 Mountain St. in Eureka Springs.
* Citizens Climate Lobby -- The Citizens Climate Lobby is having a brief organizational meeting from 5:30 -- 6 p.m. on Thursday Feb. 7, at the Eureka Springs Library Annex. The group's goals are to create the political will for a stable climate and to empower individuals to have breakthroughs in exercising their personal and political power. Bill Freeland will answer questions about the energy efficiency incentive programs offered by AEP SWEPCO and Source Gas for both residential and commercial customers. Glenna Booth will answer questions regarding Sustainability Guidelines for Rehabilitating Historic Buildings For info, go to citizensclimatelobby.org or call (479) 244-0377.
* Fundraiser for Payne -- Robert "Mark" Payne, a native of Eureka Springs and son of the late Shirley Payne, has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. For all of those that know him and his family, we ask for your help in getting him and his wife, Sandy, through this troubled time. A Benefit Account has been opened at Community First Bank to help with expenses. We thank you for any support that you can give them.
* Good Shepherd Valentine cheesecakes -- The Good Shepherd Humane Society is now taking orders for Valentine's Day homemade cheesecakes to raise money to open a new Berryville Doggie Thrift Shop to replace the one completely destroyed in a recent fire. Orders will be taken through Feb. 7 at 479-253-9115 or online at goodshepherd-hs.org. Orders are prepaid only.
* Purple House retirement party planned -- On Tuesday, Feb. 5, the Eureka Springs Hospital Guild will host a retirement party for Wilma Hagguist, who is stepping down as the Purple House manager after 17 years.The public is invited to attend. The party begins at 1:30 p.m. in the Cedar Room at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks.
* Master Naturalists Classes to Start -- NWA Master Naturalists are accepting applications for spring training classes. Classes begin Feb. 16 at NWACC and continue Saturdays through May 18 at various locations. Information and applications are available at http://home.arkansasmasternaturalists.or... or email nwamnContact@mn4arkansas.org. For information call 479-925-7097.
* St. John's Auxiliary-Berryville announces 2013 scholarship program -- SJAB is pleased to announce a scholarship application is now open for any graduating Carroll County high school student who plans to go into the field of medicine. High School counselors have been provided an application, or students may contact N. S. Stamps, SJAB Scholarship Committee, 386 C. R. 3082, Berryville, AR 72616 for an application. Applications and transcript copy must be completed and mailed with a postmark no later than noon, March 1, 2013.
* Wildflowers Christian Ministry women and children's shelter fund -- Wildflowers Christian Chapel Women and Children Shelter Fund Goal is $444,000. To date the amount raised is $23,000. Please send donations to Wildflowers Ministry 6789 Hwy 62 West Eureka Springs AR 72632. Any amount will help us get this much needed Shelter opened.
* St. James community dinners -- St. James' Sunday night community suppers will continue every Sunday until the end of March, 2013. The suppers are held each Sunday from 5-6:30 p.m. at the church, located at 28 Prospect Ave. in Eureka Springs. St. James's suppers welcome anyone in the community. There is no charge for the meal. For details, call 479-253-8610.
* Quilters Guild monthly meetings -- Whether you're an experienced quilter or interested in learning a new art form, the Holiday Island Quilters' Guild cordially invites you to its monthly meetings at the Clubhouse in Room A, lower level at 1 Country Club Drive in Holiday Island. Meetings are normally held on the 3rd Thursday of each month. For more information, call 363-6442 or visit the website https://sites.google.com/site/holidayisl....
* Ham Radio Club -- For anyone interested in ham radio, the Little Switzerland Amateur Radio Club meets every second Thursday of the month at noon at the Pizza Hut on Highway 62 in Eureka Springs. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Wildflowers Food Bank -- Wildflowers Food Bank is open every Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. If you are in need of food, bring your ID and come to the Food Bank. If you are out of food anytime, you can call us Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and we will try to help you with enough food to get you to our Friday food bank time. Call first at 479-363-6408. Or call Wildflowers Ministry at 479-253-5108.
* Audiobooks and eBooks: The Carroll County Library System now has eBooks and audiobooks available for download from your library's website. For help call the Eureka Springs 479-253-8754 public library.
* Overeaters Anonymous: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. in the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod at US 62 and Hwy. 23. More information: Barbara 479-244-0070.
* Coffeehouse and outreach: Berean Coffeehouse of Calvary Chapel of Eureka Springs hosts Youth Nights monthly with live music, activities and prizes. Coffeehouse open to the public 7 a.m. -- 1 p.m. Tuesday -- Saturday with extra hours and live music on Fridays 5 -- 10 p.m. Worship Circle Fridays at 7 p.m.
* Casual Sundays at FUMC: Come as you are and enjoy a free meal every Sunday night from 5:30 -- 6 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Hwy. 23S across from Autumn Breeze Restaurant. The public is invited and children are welcome. For more information, call 479-253-8987or 479-981-0482.
* Drug problem?: The Eureka Springs Coffee Pot Narcotics Anonymous Group meets Fridays at 5:30 p.m. at the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod Motel. Contact Shawn H. 417-271-1084 or Robin S. 479-244-6863 for more information.
* Al-Anon Family Group: meetings Eureka Springs AFG meets at the Coffee Pot behind the Land O' Nod Motel Sundays at 11:30 a.m., Mondays and Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
* Coffee Break Women: AFG meets at Faith Christian Family Church, Hwy. 23S, on Tuesdays at 9:45 a.m. For info: 479-363-9495.