Transition: Judith A. Leswig (Dec. 12, 1937-Mar. 18, 2017)
Judith A. Leswig passed away on March 18, 2017 in Manor Court of Princeton, Ill.
Judith was born on December 12, 1937 to Francis A. and Marie E. (Parat) Jakubek in LaSalle, Ill. She attended St. Valentine Catholic Grade School, LaSalle-Peru Township High School, and LPO Jr. College. After graduating, Judith moved to Chicago and worked for the Title and Trust Co.
Judith married Edmund J. Leswig on January 16, 1960 and lived in Princeton, Ill. They then moved to the Glen Ellyn and Wheaton areas in Illinois. Edmund was then transferred to California moving to Upland and Playa Del Ray in California. Judith was a Real Estate Agent and later secretary for the Elk’s Club. While in California, Judith learned the art of designing fabric dolls. Upon retirement they decided to retire in Eureka Springs.
Judith became very active in the community and started the Shady Ladies and One Shady Gentleman Doll Club of Eureka Springs. Judith is known for her artistry in fabric doll making. She also was active in the Book Club, Knitting Club, Gardening Club and the Bridge Club. Judith volunteered at St. Elizabeth’s gift shop and supported the Flint Street Mission especially the backpack kids. She and her husband Edmund volunteered for meals on wheels.
Judith is survived by two sons Christopher J. Leswig of St. Charles, Ill. and Douglas J. (Kim) Leswig of Paddock Lake, Wis., four grandchildren, and one great-granddaughter, two sister, Dorothy Tassoni of Olympia, Wash. and Marie (Norman) Merkley of Princeton, Ill.
Judith was preceded in death by her husband, Edmund of 56 years, her parents, and one brother-in-law Peter Tassoni.
A Celebration of Life will be held on Friday, April 28, 2017 at 11 a.m. in St. Elizabeth’s Community Center in Eureka Springs, Ark. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to St. Elizabeth’s Catholic Church, American Cancer Association, or the American Diabetes Association.