Quorum Court to continue meeting on 3rd Monday
The Carroll County Quorum Court will continue to hold its regular meetings at 5 p.m. on the third Monday of each month in the courtroom of the Carroll County Eastern District Courthouse.
The quorum court held a brief special session on Monday to approve an ordinance establishing the date and time of the regular meeting for the next two years.
Before the meeting commenced, Carroll County Circuit Clerk Ramona Wilson swore in six justices of the peace who had not yet taken the oath of office for their new terms — Craig Hicks, John Howerton, Marty Johnson, Chuck Olson, Matt Phillips and Larry Swofford. JPs Jack Deaton, Harrie Farrow, Kellie Matt and Don McNeely had already been sworn in. JP Roger Hall was absent.
Carroll County Judge Sam Barr announced committee appointments for the next two years:
• The County Budget Committee will include Deaton, Olson, Phillips, Matt and Johnson.
• Deaton, Olson and Phillips were appointed to the County Facilities and Properties Committee.
• The Public Water Development Committee will be composed of Farrow, Howerton and Hall.
• Johnson, Matt and Swofford were appointed to the Personnel Committee.
• Hicks, Farrow and McNeely will serve on the County Library Committee.
Monday’s meeting was the first for Harrow and Matt, who were both elected to their new seats in November. It was also the first council meeting for newly elected County Clerk Connie Doss.
JPs approved a motion to hold the January and February meetings on the fourth Monday of those months because the third Monday in each month falls on a holiday.
The quorum court’s January meeting is scheduled for 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28.