Dispatch Desk: Eureka Springs Police: March 1-7, 2021
A list of incident reports from the Eureka Springs Police Department:
• 7:16 p.m. — Officers responded to the area of Mill Hollow Road for a report of a suspicious vehicle and made contact with the driver.
• 2:55 p.m. — County dispatch advised of a 911 hangup in the area of E. Van Buren. Officers responded to the area and spoke to several people but did not locate anyone who needed emergency assistance.
• 3:50 p.m. — The owner of a hotel requested an officer to report a room being broken into. An officer responded and took information for a report.
• 8:26 p.m. — An off-duty deputy reported a reckless driver passing on the double yellow and driving at a high rate of speed on Highway 62 West. Officers responded to the area and located the driver at a local restaurant where the driver was warned about his manner of driving.
• 9:56 a.m. — Officers responded to W. Van Buren and Avo Street for a cable pole that had fallen into the roadway.
• 3:26 p.m. — Officers assisted with traffic control at Highway 62 and Glenn.
• 8:28 p.m. — Officers responded to a local restaurant after receiving a report of a suspicious male.
• 3 a.m. — An alarm service called in a hold-up alarm at a hotel. An officer responded and checked the property but couldn't find anyone on the property. There were no signs of forced entry and all doors were secure.
• 10:15 a.m. — Officers responded to a local apartment for a call of an individual kicking in a door. A subject was arrested on a felony bench warrant from the Carroll County Sheriff's Office.
• 12:54 p.m. — An officer located a known wanted person and the subject was arrested on an outstanding Eureka Springs warrant.
• 1:58 p.m. — A hotel manager reported an intoxicated subject attempting to leave in a vehicle. Officers responded but the hotel staff had already gotten the subject back to his room without incident.
• 6:41 p.m. — Residents on Thomas Circle reported a subject was there begging for money and shelter and advised they didn't want the subject on their property. They advised that the subject left on foot and an officer responded and spoke to the complainants but did not locate the subject in the immediate area.
• 11:47 p.m. — An officer responded to a local business for an alarm and secured the building.
• 10:25 a.m. — Officers responded to a local business for an alarm. An employee was on site and everything was secured.
• 3:14 p.m. — An officer responded to a local residence for reported suspicious activity. No report was needed.
• 4 p.m. — An officer responded to Spring Street for an abandoned vehicle and the vehicle was towed.
• 4:53 p.m. — An officer made a traffic stop on E. Van Buren which resulted in an arrest.
• 7:41 p.m. — An officer responded to a local motel for a report of loud music.
• 10:45 p.m. — Officers responded to an area bed and breakfast to speak with a couple about possible suspicious activity that took place at a bar.
• 12:14 a.m. — A subject was arrested for public intoxication on Spring Street.
• 12:36 a.m. — Officers responded to the police department lobby to speak with a subject regarding an argument he was having with his girlfriend.
• 2:06 a.m. — As a result of a traffic stop, a subject was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, drug paraphernalia and no driver's license.
• 2:16 a.m. — Officers responded to an altercation at a residence and a subject was arrested for battery in the third degree and public intoxication.
• 10:30 a.m. — A subject turned themselves in on warrant.
• 12:27 p.m. — Officers responded to Copper Street for a traffic accident and filed a report.
• 1:20 p.m. — An officer responded to Highway 62 for reported speeding vehicles but could not locate the vehicles.
• 3:01 p.m. — A subject was arrested for driving on a suspended license.
• 3:26 p.m. — Officers responded to a motel for a theft report.
• 7:06 p.m. — An officer responded to the end of Judah Street for a vehicle that was stuck and requested help from a towing company.
• 7:32 p.m. — An officer responded to a motel for a report of loud music.
• 9:16 p.m. — Officers responded to Highway 23 North to assist the Carroll County Sheriff's Office with stopping a vehicle.
• 3:28 p.m. — Officers responded to a disturbance at a local motel.
• 4:35 p.m. — An officer responded to Spring Street for a musician playing amplified music.
• 9:20 p.m. — As a result of a traffic stop, a subject was arrested for simultaneous possession of narcotics with a firearm and possession of drug paraphernalia.