Music, movie on tap
February may be starting out cold but we have some hot bands to warm you up this week. Kiel Grove, of Denver, Colo. will be here to show Eureka Springs what "grease folk" is. Brian Martin is back from Hot Springs playing folk and soul. Earl & Them will grace us with their presence from Fayetteville with their mixed blues and rock-n-roll. The guitarist of Earl & Them, Earl Cate, is considered by some one of the top 10 guitar players of all time. Warm up with Bryan Ranney, singing his original songs while strumming the mandolin. DownDay Duo is back, whose "Stuck on 17" was recently one of the most added songs on country radio. Richard Burnett and Friends Strange Deranger will not only warm you up but make you hot with their funky tonk music. On Sunday, you can take the family to the movies, East of Eden starring James Dean will be playing at 7 p.m. at the Aud. Beer, wine and popcorn is available for purchase. Come out and see what entertainment is in store for you this week. Check our lively section for venues and times.
The Greater Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce will host the second annual Mid-Winter Hometown Jam 7 p.m., Friday, Feb. 13 at the Aud. This event will feature six of the area's top local bands on the "big stage". This year's show will include The Ariels, The sarah Hughes Band, Kevin Riddle, and the Josh Jennings Band. These groups perform in various local venues, at festivals and special events throughout the year and collectively will offer a full evening of rock n roll, country and rhythm and blues music. Each band will perform a 20-minute set before they all join together for a jam session finale. Tickets are $12 at the door with children age 12 admitted free. Advanced tickets can be purchased at the Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center in the Village at Pine Mountain for only $10. For more information, call 479-253-8737.
Everyone, mark you calendars and get ready for the "We've Got Talent Concert" coming to The Aud at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 8. It is sponsored by Carroll County Music Group. This is their fourth annual concert that raises money for students to attend a music camp. There will be a wide variety of musical styles presented by professional and advanced musicians and singers. You can choose to support this program and be listed in the program and the advertising for the event. There are different levels of support: Underwriter, $500, you receive 20 comp tickets to the event. Benefactor, $300, with 14 comp tickets. Patron $200, with 10 comp tickets. Supporter, $100, with six comp tickets and Music Lover, $20 with 2 comp tickets. For all others, adult tickets are $10 and children are $5. Please help them make this a sold out event. For more information, please contact Jim Swiggart, event coordinator, at 479-981-2659.
THURSDAY, FEB. 5
* Chelsea's, 10 Mountain, 479-253-6723: Kiel Grove, 9:30 p.m.
* Grande Taverne, 37 N. Main St., 479-253-6756: Jerry Yester, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard), 105 E. Van Buren, 479-253-2500: Starseed, 8 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169, 169 E. Van Buren, 479-253-7122 : Code Red Karaoke with Prizes, 8 p.m.
FRIDAY, FEB. 6
* Cathouse / Pied Piper, 82 Armstrong St., 479-363-9976: Kiel Grove, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Chelsea's, 10 Mountain, 479-253-6723: Brian Martin, 9:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live, 35 N. Main, 479-253-7020: DJ & Dancing, 9 p.m. to close
* Grande Taverne, 479-253-6756: Arkansas Red, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169, 479-253-7122 : Big Dawg Karaoke, 8 p.m.
* Henri's Just One More, 19 1/2 Spring St., 479-253-5795: Juke Box, 9 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Melissa & Chip Wedding, 4:30 p.m.; DJ Karaoke with Kara
*Rowdy Beaver Den, 45 Spring St., 479-363-6444: Karaoke W/DJ Goose, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern, 417 W. Van Buren, 479-253-8544: Karaoke with Tiny, 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY, FEB. 7
* Brews, 2 Pine St., 479-244-0878: Melissa Carper with Jerry Jones, 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
* Cathouse / Pied Piper: Bryan Ranney, 8 p.m. to midnight
* Chelsea's, 479-253-6723: Earl & Them, 9:30 p.m.
* Eureka Live, 479-253-7020: DJ & Dancing, 9 p.m.
* Grande Taverne, 479-253-6756: Jerry Yester, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169: Big Dawg Karaoke, 8 p.m.
* Henri's Just One More: Juke Box, 9 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Starseed, 9 p.m.
* New Delhi Cafe, 2 N. Main St., 479-253-2525: Pete & Dave, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Den: Richard Burnett and Friends Strange Deranger, 12 noon- 4 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern: DownDay Duo, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
SUNDAY, FEB. 8
* Eureka Live: DJ, Dancing and Karaoke, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Texas Holdem, 7 p.m.
* Ozark Mountain Taproom, 479-244-6922: Cards against Humanity/Board Games, Beer specials., 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Rowdy Beaver Tavern: Game Day with free pool
* The Aud, 36 S. Main St., 479-253-7788: East of Eden starring James Dean, 7:00 p.m. Beer, Wine, Popcorn served. $5 Adults, kids 16 and under are free
MONDAY, FEB. 9
* Chelsea's: Springbilly, 9:30 p.m.
* Grub & Pub Club 169, 479-253-7122 : Pool Tournament, 7 p.m.
TUESDAY, FEB. 10
* Chelsea's: Open Mic, 9:30 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): Pool Tournament, 7 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 11
* Chelsea's, 479-253-6723: Sage Ahava, 9:30 p.m.
* Legends Saloon (Lumberyard): GG Unleashed, 7 p.m.