* Operation Christmas Child -- The Operation Christmas Child Kick Off Party will take place at the Berean Coffee House at 4032 E. Van Buren Avenue near Passion Play Road on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 2 p.m. The event is hosted by Calvary Chapel of Eureka Springs and the coffee house. Come find out what those shoe boxes are all about and how you can be involved. Drinks, desserts and supplies will be provided. For information, email email@example.com or call 479-244-7496,
* Eureka UU welcomes Kyle Kellams of KUAF -- The Eureka Unitarian Universalist Fellowship welcomes Kyle Kellams, KUAF News Director and producer of the popular "Ozarks At Large" radio program, on Sunday, Oct. 7, at 11 a.m. His presentation is "The Importance of Local Broadcasting in the Digital Age." With Bluetooth, satellite, cable, web and smart phone apps providing tens of thousands of programming options, what role does local content play in the 21st century? Does radio still have a voice? Kellams says "YES" and will explain why. The Eureka Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is located at 17 Elk St. All are welcome
* AARP driver's safety class -- Drivers aged 50 and over are invited to an AARP Driver's Safety Class to be held on Tuesday, Oct. 9, from 8:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (including a short lunch break) at First United Methodist Church of Eureka Springs, at 195 Huntsville Road.
The fee to participate is $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members, which includes all course materials.
Plan to bring a sack lunch, and enjoy interaction with your classmates. The class size is limited, so register early! Call Sara Knight at 479-363-9800 to register and/or for more information.
* Bonds family benefit -- A benefit for the Bonds family will take place on Oct. 15 at the Faith Christian Family church. There will be a frito pie dinner at 5:30 and a live auction at 7 p.m. The dinner will be $8.
Mike Bonds, as most people know, was a teacher in every possible way. He would never miss a chance to do something with his shop students. Next to his wife and children, his shop students were a very important part of his life. Mike was always very proud of anything his kids did, inside or outside of the classroom -- it didn't matter. He loved teaching them the rules of life.
If you have items to donate or would like to volunteer for this event, please call 479-981-0456, 870-654-7049, 479-981-0531 or 479-981-0388.
* Ladies Fellowship to host Smith -- The Ladies Fellowship of Holiday Island Community Church will feature Roberta Smith as their speaker on Monday Oct. 15, at 10:00 a.m. The Ladies Fellowship meeting will take place at Holiday Island Community Church Fellowship Hall, at 188 Stateline Drive, in Holiday Island. Mrs. Smith has recently visited missionaries Paul & Mary Wilson in the Philippines and will give an update on the happenings there. She will bring with her a display of jewelry made by the women of the Philippines for perusal and/or purchase.
For additional information please contact Mary Lou Martin 479-253-9398
* Chili Supper -- The Grace Lutheran Church at 179 Holiday Island Dr. in Holiday Island will hold a chili supper on Friday, Oct. 26 from 4 to 7 p.m. The cost for adults is $8 and for children under 10 is $3. Handicap parking is available in back of the church and take out is available. Proceeds will go to the Merlin Foundation's "Grandma's House" to help neglected and abused children. "Our made pies are to die for." For further information, please call 479-253-6218.
* Zumba Fitness classes now offered in two area locations -- Dawn Anderson, Zumba Fitness Licensed Instructor, is now offering Zumba Fitness classes at the Berryville Community Center on Wednesdays and Fridays at 5:30 p.m. and at the Green Forest Train Depot on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:45 p.m. Classes are one hour and consist of a combination of high energy Latin, International, and Top 40 inspired music and dance moves. Please contact Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-366-3732 for more information.
* Ham radio club -- To all interested in Ham Radio, the Little Switzerland Amateur Radio club meets every 2nd Thursday of the month at noon at the Pizza Hut on Hwy. 62 in Eureka Springs. For more information contact email@example.com.
* Audiobooks and eBooks: The Carroll County Library System now has eBooks and audiobooks available for download from your library's website. Users may browse the library's Library2Go website, check out with a valid library card, and download to PC, MacŪ, and many mobile devices. For help call the Eureka Springs 479-253-8754 public library.
* Furniture bank and used book store open: Wildflower Chapel's low cost Furniture Bank and Used Book Store is located behind Wildflowers Thrift Store and Chapel on US 62E across from Hill Country Hardware. For more information, contact Bill Grissom, 479-252-5108.
* Alateen meeting: Sundays from 10:15 -- 11:15 a.m. For more information, call or text (479) 981-9977, or e-mail ALATEEN1ST@gmx.com.
* Overeaters Anonymous: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. in the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod at US 62 and Hwy. 23. More information: Barbara 479-244-0070.
* Coffeehouse and outreach: Berean Coffeehouse of Calvary Chapel of Eureka Springs hosts Youth Nights monthly with live music, activities and prizes. Watch this space for dates. Regular services 7 p.m. Wednesday nights and 10 a.m. Sunday in the back of the Coffeehouse on US 62E, next to the old Victoria Inn. Coffeehouse open to the public 7 a.m. -- 1 p.m. Tuesday -- Saturday with extra hours and live music on Fridays 5 -- 10 p.m. Worship Circle Fridays at 7 p.m.
* Occupy: If you can't join the occupation, join the Facebook group (type in Occupy Eureka Springs to find the group). More info: 479-253-6963.
* Casual Sundays at FUMC: Come as you are and enjoy a free meal every Sunday night from 5:30 -- 6 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Rachel and Larry Brick will share music during the supper. All are invited to stay for the Casual Worship Service from 6 to 7 p.m. Open Doors, Open Hearts, Open Minds. Hwy. 23S across from Autumn Breeze Restaurant. The public is invited and children are welcome. For more information, call 479-253-8987or 479-981-0482.
* Drug problem?: The Eureka Springs Coffee Pot Narcotics Anonymous Group meets Fridays at 5:30 p.m. at the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod Motel. Contact Shawn H. (417) 271-1084 or Robin S. 479-244-6863 for more information.
* Al-Anon Family Group: meetings Eureka Springs AFG meets at the Coffee Pot behind the Land O' Nod Motel Sundays at 11:30 a.m., Mondays and Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
* Coffee Break Women: AFG meets at Faith Christian Family Church, Hwy. 23S, on Tuesdays at 9:45 a.m. For info: 479-363-9495.