* Berryville Public Library Announces an Extension of Service Hours -- Effective in January, the Berryville Public Library will be open from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Sundays. This expansion of service hours will offer library patrons more flexibility and convenience in accessing library services.
With the expansion in hours, the library's weekly operating schedule will be: Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
For details, please call 870-423-2323.
* Friends of the Barn Turkey Day -- Don't be a cluck! Make your reservations early for the Holiday Island Friends of the Barn Community Thanksgiving day dinner, Thursday Nov. 22, 2012. Social hour begins at 1:00 p.m., with dinner at 2:00 p.m. The menu at the Historic Barn is roast turkey with all the trimmings, coffee, iced tea and water provided. BYOB. Tickets go on sale for the single seating on Nov.1 for $12:00 at the HI Recreation Center. If available, tickets will be sold for $14.00 at the door. For details, call 479-253-6285 or 479-253-5136.
* Flint Street Thanksgiving dinner -- Thanksgiving Day dinner will be served by Flint Street Fellowship Food Pantry from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the ECHO Building at 4004 E. Van Buren Ave. in Eureka Springs. Dinner is open to all. Please call 479-253-4945 for transportation.
* Community Thanksgiving Potluck -- The annual Thanksgiving potluck dinner will be held on Thursday, Nov. 22, at the church at 17 Elk Street. The doors will open at 1 p.m. and dinner will be served at 2 p.m.. Please bring a dish to share and a place setting. For details call Carolyn Oakleaf at 479-253-2582.
* Chelsea's Corner Café Potluck -- Chelsea's will hold its annual Thanksgiving potluck on Thursday, Nov. 22 from 1 p.m - ? Gina Gallina's Big Band will perform jazz to lucky listeners. For details, call 479-253-6723.
* Metafizzies to host Morter -- Katy Morter, advanced holistic Chiropractic physician, will be speaking at the Metaphysical Meeting in Eureka Springs on Monday, Nov. 26, from 7 to 9 p.m. at 68 West Mountain St., downstairs in the Christian Science edifice Katy will speak on balancing physical, emotional and chemical stressors, and the development of healthy daily habits in six essential areas. This leads to the body healing itself as it was designed originally - from the inside out. For more information, go to www.MorterWellness.com.
* Greg Brady to be Grand Marshall for Christmas parade -- The Greater Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce that television, screen and stage star Barry Williams will serve as Grand Marshall for the 2012 Christmas Parade slated for Friday Nov. 30. Barry Williams is best known for his teen idol role of Greg Brady in the hit television sit-com "The Brady Bunch." All area bands, churches, businesses, civic organizations and individuals are urged to join us. Cash prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in four categories including Commercial, Non-profit, Bands and other. Deadline to register for the parade is Nov. 23. There is no entry fee for the parade, which will begin promptly at 6 p.m. For more information or registration call 479-253-8737, 1-800 6EUREKA or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration forms are available at the Chamber Visitor Center located in the Village at Pine Mountain.
* Annual Crescent Silver Tea -- The public is cordially invited to attend the 46th Silver Tea on Thurs., Dec. 6, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the historic 1886 Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs. The event, hosted by the women of St. James' Episcopal Church, will benefit the Eureka Springs School of the Arts, an educational non-profit offering classes in a variety of media and dedicated to support of the visual arts. Admission is by donation. For further information, call St. James' Episcopal Church at 479-253-8610.
* St. James community dinners -- St. James' Sunday night community suppers will begin on Sunday, Dec. 2 and continue every Sunday except Dec. 30 until the end of March, 2013. The suppers are held each Sunday from 5-6:30 p.m. at the church located at 28 Prospect Ave. in Eureka Springs. Area restaurants will again provide the meals beginning with Myrtie Mae's on Dec. 2. Other sponsoring restaurants include Chelsea's Pizza, Ermilio's, Garden Bistro, Grand Taverne, Local Flavor, New Delhi and Squid and Whale. St. James' s suppers welcome anyone in the community. There is no charge for the meal. For details, call 479-253-8610.
* Elementary needs mentors -- During the last two elementary school years our community volunteer mentor program has helped our kindergarten through fourth grade students improve their reading and math skills. This program has been so successful that community mentoring has proven to be an important element of student academic and personal success. Again, this school year, your elementary school is in need of several more volunteer mentors to assist kindergartners in learning ABC's and 123's. We also have small group positions open with 1st and 2nd graders. Whichever you choose, the teacher will have lessons prepared for you and will be close by if you have any questions. Please consider signing up for a couple of hours one day a week to help children become successful learners. Contact Donna Kesner at 479-253-8704 if interested. She and the teachers will be extremely excited to hear from you!
* NEW Cardio Circuit Class at the BCC -- The Berryville Community Center will offer a new "Cardio Circuit" Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 -- 5 p.m The class offers low-impact/ high intensity cardio as well as range of motion and toning exercise. Please call 870-423-3139 for more information or contact the Berryville Community Center on Facebook.
* Ham radio club! -- To all interested in Ham Radio, the Little Switzerland Amateur Radio club meets every 2nd Thursday of the month at noon at the Pizza Hut on Hwy. 62 in Eureka Springs. For more information contact email@example.com.
* Auction Night at the Hoe-Down -- The Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down is holding live auctions on Tuesday nights. Anyone who has anything to sell can bring it the theater, 3140 E. Van Buren, on Tuesday mornings. There is no charge to put an item in the auction; the seller receives the sold price minus the auctioneer's commission. Doors open at 5 p.m., with Col. Bill Williams taking the stage to start the bidding at 6 p.m. No charge for admittance. Seats can be reserved by calling the Hoe-Down, 479-253-7725 or go to www.ozarkmountainhoedown.com.
* Zumba Fitness classes now offered in two area locations -- Dawn Anderson, Zumba Fitness Licensed Instructor, is now offering Zumba Fitness classes at the Berryville Community Center on Wednesdays and Fridays at 5:30 p.m. and at the Green Forest Train Depot on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:45 p.m. Classes are one hour and consist of a combination of high energy Latin, International, and Top 40 inspired music and dance moves. Please contact Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-366-3732 for more information.
* Audiobooks and eBooks: The Carroll County Library System now has eBooks and audiobooks available for download from your library's website. Users may browse the library's Library2Go website, check out with a valid library card, and download to PC, Mac®, and many mobile devices. For help call the Eureka Springs 479-253-8754 public library.
* Furniture bank and used book store open: Wildflower Chapel's low cost Furniture Bank and Used Book Store is located behind Wildflowers Thrift Store and Chapel on Highway 62E across from Hill Country Hardware. For more information, contact Bill Grissom, 479-252-5108.
* Alateen meeting: Sundays from 10:15 -- 11:15 a.m. For more information, call or text (479) 981-9977, or e-mail ALATEEN1ST@gmx.com.
* Overeaters Anonymous: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. in the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod at US 62 and Hwy. 23. More information: Barbara 479-244-0070.
* Coffeehouse and outreach: Berean Coffeehouse of Calvary Chapel of Eureka Springs hosts Youth Nights monthly with live music, activities and prizes. Watch this space for dates. Regular services 7 p.m. Wednesday nights and 10 a.m. Sunday in the back of the Coffeehouse on US 62E, next to the old Victoria Inn. Coffeehouse open to the public 7 a.m. -- 1 p.m. Tuesday -- Saturday with extra hours and live music on Fridays 5 -- 10 p.m. Worship Circle Fridays at 7 p.m.
* Occupy: If you can't join the occupation, join the Facebook group (type in Occupy Eureka Springs to find the group). More info: 479-253-6963.
* Casual Sundays at FUMC: Come as you are and enjoy a free meal every Sunday night from 5:30 -- 6 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Rachel and Larry Brick will share music during the supper. All are invited to stay for the Casual Worship Service from 6 to 7 p.m. Open Doors, Open Hearts, Open Minds. Hwy. 23S across from Autumn Breeze Restaurant. The public is invited and children are welcome. For more information, call 479-253-8987or 479-981-0482.
* Drug problem?: The Eureka Springs Coffee Pot Narcotics Anonymous Group meets Fridays at 5:30 p.m. at the Coffee Pot building behind Land O' Nod Motel. Contact Shawn H. 417-271-1084 or Robin S. 479-244-6863 for more information.
* Al-Anon Family Group: meetings Eureka Springs AFG meets at the Coffee Pot behind the Land O' Nod Motel Sundays at 11:30 a.m., Mondays and Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
* Coffee Break Women: AFG meets at Faith Christian Family Church, Hwy. 23S, on Tuesdays at 9:45 a.m. For info: 479-363-9495.